10 December 2009

late night confessions...


Still haven't adjusted back to tel aviv time.  giving me many hours to stare into the dark space of my room and think...or rather list. I tend to make insanely long lists in my head when i can't sleep.  when i used to work in fashion i would list in order all of the things i had to do the next day (which would generally number in the hundreds).  tonight i lay awake thinking about chanukah.  Yeh, that's right, chanukah!  the festival of lights. this will be my first chanukah in israel and boy am i excited!

it starts this weekend and without realizing it my israeli roommates and i had already planned to have a big dinner at our house for friends.  they wanted me to make them something akin to a thanksgiving feast, to which i agreed of course.  so that was the beginning of my list making. first, all the dishes i intend to make, and second all the ingredients i will need in order to cook those dishes. 

according to tonight's list i will be making the following:

roast chicken (too hard to find a turkey here) with rosemary, thyme, lemon, etc
roasted root veggies with a touch of balsamic
bourbon mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows
green beans with almonds and lemon (haven't seen brussels sprouts yet)
cornbread stuffing (they don't sell those damn tasty bags of pepperidge farm here)
onion jam
oh...and chanukah cookies that are basically christmas cookies disguised in chanukah shapes. 

now that i got that off my chest maybe i will drift off to sleep finally...

No comments:

Post a Comment